Wednesday, September 27, 2006

tagged, bhagat singh n dee

first of all, the tag.

i've been tagged by appu who'll teach me how to have those little links wherever we want people to click. hai na appu?

rules of the game.
1. Name the person who tagged you. (i already did.)
2. Eight things about you. (there r more than eight, what to do?)
3. Tag six people. (no, this i won't agree to. i'll tag more than six.)

hmmm
eight things about me. i've done this kind of thing before, so i'll concentrate on the trivia bit more.

01. i'm nearly ambidextrous. i can do many of the right-hand things with my left hand too.
02. i've a really bad handwriting. perhaps second only to dee ;)
03. i've been bitten by dogs at the least five times in my life so far. and that too my own pet dogs. still, i adore canines. and i dont' like cats.
04. every year around dussehra, i've peculiarly nightmarish nightmares. the past few years were a bit subdued, but this one has already begun. and begun well :(
05. i've bumped into people, buses, trucks, walls, electric poles, even bulls while walking. i do feel i become a bit absentminded sometimes.
06. right now, i'm wearing a size extra jeans just to get a freedom kind of feeling.
07. my favourite job will be to be a travel show host and travelogue writer.
08. i dont think i've a sense of direction. i manage to confuse myself in the most oft-visited places. i recognise my present home from the chemist shop one street before it and one camera shop alongwith it. if these two relocate someday, i'll be lost. and nobody should ever ask me to find the right seat in a dimmed theatre. ask dee.

as of now, i think tags r a wonderful way to have a glimpse into the person behind the tag. so i'll be tagging lot of people here. lets see, who all oblige me ;)


keshi, aditi, ketki, atul, velu, lalitha, totatamkiatma, sunshine, jess, pheebes, debra, richard, namrata, rana ji, veena, dwaipayan, obi, dumbfunk, aklanta, pushkin, aquamarine, eccentric, just me, parul and anybody who wants to participate. lets do it guys.
please.


bhagat singh
it is bhagat singh's birthday today. he would have been 100 years old.


dee
is selected to be a teacher in a government school. the dream of every prospective mother-in-law. some kids are gonna have the time of their life...

24 comments:

Movie Mazaa said...

:o

5 times, and u still arent scared??? I havent been bitten yet, yet I stay safe. Dogs kinda scare me nuts.

:o

aklanta said...

tagged? that's not fair!

Aditi said...

ooh i am scared of dogs cuz one almost bit me once.. shudder
ambidextrous i am jealous

waise easy i just did this tag
http://kayboltos.blogspot.com/2006/09/more-things-change.html

Unknown said...

adi - will do @ tags - but will you know where to look for it?

;)

Yes, i will read chhaava someday

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aditi said...

ohh and congratulations to dee

delhidreams said...

velu: m scared more of homo sapiens than my street friends.

aklanta: yeah, i know ;)

aditi: i'll read ur tag soon. kitne injections lage? thanks coming from dee.

gaizabonts: u cant skip this one.

appu: thanks, it was fun. altho not easy as i thot initially. i'll try this link thing again.

dwaipayan said...

seems we have some similarities..atleast in the matter of cats and dogs..

and hope you can make aklanta come out of the retirement

Sumithra said...

Hmm.. Ok, I'm bad at refusing things to people when they ask. Especially if they say please and are nice people :-)

BTW, I'm hoplessly bad at directions too :D

starry said...

Nice post Adi..but bitten by a dog 5 times.there is a saying once bitten twice shy. I am really bad at directions too, have been lost so many times that I need a GPS.in my car. thanks for the tag. I will do it.

Anonymous said...

lol Adi!
The right way to get ME back to writing :D
will do the task pretty soon :-)

n btw, nice read ... i am really worried abt ur being able to reach home thanks to those 2 landmarks of yours!!!

I hope u get better with At least that :D

Cheers!!!
PB

Jess said...

I can't do a tag right now. Maybe next time.

Keshi said...

**ambidextrous

thats cool! I cant even do certain things using my right hand lol!


my handwriting is getting bad cos of the PC. I wish I wrote more.


u attract dogs alot ha ;-)


I can do w.o. nightmares plzzz!


ROFL u bump into things so much??!!!


I like tight-fitting jeans.


Travel-host, cool!


My sense of direction was lost from the day I was born :):)


aww u tagged me and Im the first in the list hehehe. Will do when I return ok?? tnxxxx!


Keshi.

delhidreams said...

dwai: more than cats n dogsm now girls n lizie mcguire too ;)

sunshine: u r a jewel...

starry: not by the same dog. diff dogs, dear dogs, my own pets have honoured me from time to time. looking forward to your tag.

pheebes: u bet!!! wat mr ataullah khan cant do, i can;) as for the being lost bit, its not always that i need those landmarks, sometimes m too engrossed in my thots and cross one or two streets and then i dont know where i'm. then i come back half the way, and search for those two shops. god, i'm relieved that they stary open till late.

jess: no probs friend. guys if u wanna see some of the most amazing poetry and visuals, kindly visit her blog :)

keshi: yeah u are the favoured one. being nearly ambidextrous is not that good. sometimes i confuse myself which hand to catch the cricket ball or the tv remote or the particularly squishy orange. the result you can well imagine ;)

and the reason why i've a terrible handwriting is my desire in school to be the fastest one in completing the teacher's dictation. once, every page of my notebooks was marked with a 'very good' or 'excellent' for handwriting.

sigh. those were the days...

Unknown said...

didnt skip it - delivered here!

Gypsy said...

hehe..nice one! glad to know someone with as terrible sense of direction as mine :)

delhidreams said...

atul: as. always, u score cent per cent. more than the things, it is the way they've been written will appeal to most people. i loved both the aspects.

gypsy: two fools in the same place appreciate each other a lot ;) directionless souls of the world unite!!! waiting for ur tag now.

educatedunemployed said...

Hey interesting stuff..

Nice to know about Bhagat Singh.Nice to see the ineterest.Thanks.

Aparna Mudi said...

ur dare has set me off......and try not provokling me to tag these things .....more so coz i dont have many blog friends whoa re not urs anyway.....by the way it seems ur provokation works way to fast ,,,,

delhidreams said...

e & u: i read ur tag. it ws inetresting too. as for bhagat singh, i wish we all had more than interest in him...

shadows: who dares to dare you sweethart? not me. perhaps ur new found friends may be of some help.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Nice blog!

Why don’t you consider writing about some of the new “India 2.0” sites that are creating a little buzz as well?

Eg: www.ilaaka.com

www.onyomo.com

Thanks!

Rajeev

Anonymous said...

thanks for the tag!

dwaipayan said...

the job is done..on confusion blog

Anonymous said...

O.K WELL I ALSO POSSES A BAD DIRECTION SENSE AN EQUALLY BAD HANDWRITING N YES HAV DONE A LOT OF CRAZY THINGS COZ I GUESS I WAS TOO BORED TO BOTHER ABT IT N D SAME GOES FOR U. UBN BOTHER TOO MUCH ABOUT THINGS N THEY CHANGE. RIGHT OR WRONG IS INDIVIDUAL PERCEPTION. N U HAV TO AGREE.

dreamt before

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin