Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mukesh lives for ever in our hearts

very early in life, Pa instilled in me a love for good words and quality writing. more often than not, it came by in the form of lyrics written by Shailendra for mostly Raj Kapoor movies, composed by Shankar Jaikishan. and Mukesh was the voice of many characters played by Raj sa'b.

in an age glittering with gems like Md. Rafi, Kishore, Talat, Hemant Kumar and Manna Dey, Mukesh holds his own for the sheer simplicity and sonorous quality of his voice.

on his birthday today, here is a compilation of some of my favorite songs sung by him. hope you'll enjoy this ride back in time :)

 


2 comments:

RAJI MUTHUKRISHNAN said...

..I like the way you have put these together. Many of them are my favourites from my childhood.

How do we know said...

Mukesh is my all time favorite too. And the one that comes top of mind recall is.. main pal do pal ka shayar hoon.. he gave life to those lyrics.. that haunting voice..

dreamt before

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin