The day to think about our impact on Mother Earth, and how through the littlest of things, we can make a difference. Visit the website of the Earth Day here: http://www.earthday.org/ and see what the world around you is doing. Take a pledge, make a conscious effort and believe that you can, yes you also can be the change in the bigger scheme of things.
These are some of the things that we can do to make sure we’re a part of the friends of our environment:
01. Use rough, one-sided printed paper for writing.
02. Print as little as we can. Pdfs, e-books and an MS Word files do quite good.
03. Switch off all the unnecessary lights and electrical equipment. And if you’re the last one leaving the office, make sure that all the computers are properly shut down (in addition to blinking monitors and comp speakers!)
04. Use your home AC on power saving and sleep mode.
05. Do not put electrical equipments like TV and Comps on prolonged stand-bys.
06. Try to use only that much water as required. Living in Delhi, I’ve known what water scarcity is and try my utmost to save as much as I can.
Above are the few things that I consciously attempt to make a difference to the environment. And I’m sure you too will be doing something for Mother Earth. Little habits leave a big impact. Let’s come together, share our common wisdom and together be the difference that only we can be.